Monday, May 21, 2012

Sneak Peak

I am going to visit my cabinets this morning.  It's kind of like seeing a new puppy before it's ready to  leave the Momma.  I must admit..I am a little excited!  

Well the truth is I am going to the cabinet shop is to look at the hardware I chose.  I was so anxious when I chose the cabinets all those weeks ago--I have no idea what kind of hardware I chose.  So I will drive the 20 miles this morning to get a sneak peak at the cabinets, review the hardware and a few other things with the cabinet builder.  

The floor is supposed to go in today-Monday.  The electrical is supposed to be finished on Tuesday and then the walls are should be finished and painted--hopefully all before Friday so that we can be ready for the cabinets on May 29.  Let's hope this plan works.

FWIW.  Having Lacey to help me with all of this has made the process go so much faster.  I didn't have any idea who needed to do what first.  Example.  About the floor-It's going to be an oak floor..just the same as the rest of the house.  David, the floor guy has suggested that he come in and lay the floor today but not stain it. He will wait until the cabinets and appliances are installed.  He said it would be very hard on the appliance guys to keep from damaging the floor with the installation of the appliances.  


No comments:

Post a Comment