Saturday, May 19, 2012

Change Comes to all of us...Thankfully!

You know how we always hear people talking about what used to be.  Well hell, I think I have turned into one of those people!   And now with this blog...I am bearing all my secrets!  

Anyway, I was imagining my new kitchen and how lovely it's going to be and I thought back to the first dishes I chose.  It was the 70's...(the late 70's mind you) and as a young bride I chose Mikasa's Strawberry Festival.  Oh, how I loved those dishes.  I planned a country kitchen to go right along with the dishes.  I sold them all in a yard sale less than 10 years later.



Change happens to all of us--Thank goodness! I think back to what I thought was great looking in design and decorating and wow have I changed from those days.  My new kitchen is a grown up girl kitchen and I really can't wait to see how it all turns out. It is a simple palette with clean lines and a calm look. It's going to be cream colored--walls, cabinets, counter top and back splash.  Remember, I am working with a space that's 14 feet long and about 8'8" wide.  And if anyone had told me I would be building a cream kitchen when I grew up I would have told them they were crazy!

I guess I am on the third or fourth set of dishes since the 70's  Today I enjoy the Old Britain Castles by Johnson Brothers.  I love them too...but am seriously wondering if I need to look for something different to go in my new kitchen!  Change is good isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment