Thursday, June 14, 2012

Happy Woman

It must be nice to be the cabinet guy on install day because he sure gets to see happy women! 

This week brought the first glimpse of what the it's really going to be!  The cabinets were installed on Monday and Tuesday!  I can't tell you how pleased I am with the cabinets!  They are beautiful and it is exactly what I wanted.

I must say that I tried to plan the kitchen and think about where I would put things.  Since I was changing from all drawers and no cabinets I tried to think about what I needed to store and how would I store it.  I am not good enough to plan out every detail--like where each pot, pan, and utensil will go.  I know people who are that good...but that's not me.  As with most things...I have a general concept...but hard specifics...not really.

FWIW.  When doing the plan, Lacey drew the kitchen and we labeled where things would go.  For instance, we wrote on the design, "dishes", "glassware", "pots", "bowls", etc...Now that I can see it all I am rethinking what I had planned.  I do believe I will have a place for it all...it is going to be interesting figuring it all out!  And I am committed to not storing things I don't need.

It took Monday and Tuesday to do the installation.  The floors are being stained the rest of the week and we won't walk on them for a few days.  The electrician is scheduled for Monday to do more of the lighting and install the vent hood.  I chose one that vents out of the house.   The counter top is scheduled for Tuesday, and the cabinet people come back to drop the top one of the cabinets down on the counter--I have two appliance garages.  Then the appliances and tile are scheduled for Wednesday.  I will be amazed if it all happens as smoothly...but keep your fingers crossed...this time next week I may be able to move back in...

Well, there are plans for a small dinner next Friday...!  If the kitchen is ready...great...if it's not...no worries, I have a plan for something that doesn't require cooking...improvise, improvise...!


No comments:

Post a Comment