Monday, June 18, 2012

First Steps

Last Friday I watched the last coat of floor finish be applied to the floors in the kitchen.  It was applied with a brush--by hand.  When it was finished we closed the doors and put chairs in front of them and couldn't walk on the floor until Sunday!

So what did I do?  I took a brief vacation from the kitchen and went to Birmingham.  I spent all day Saturday shopping with our niece as she shopped for furniture, fabric, and accessories for her living room and dinning room!  Saturday night we moved furniture around and tried out several different looks.  We drank some wine and ate some cheese and planned an plotted her redo!  It was great fun!  

I have decided home decorating is my guilty pleasure.  I love it.  I always have. Lacey and I used to lay in the  floor and look at decorating magazines and plan our first apartments and homes.  I can't say I am all that good at it...but I do enjoy the hunt, the plan, the creative part of it all!

Sunday when I returned home the floors ready!  All by myself. in a quiet house I slipped my shoes off and I walked barefoot on my virgin floors.  They felt wonderful.  The finished floors really make the cabinets look great!  I can't wait to share it all in photos soon!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment