Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Looking Back and Looking Forward

It's time.  The kitchen you are about to see has worked very hard for many years.  The house was built in 1978 and the kitchen you are about to see is what I would call a true vintage kitchen.  All that has been added is a dishwasher and a disposal...everything else was here from the beginning.  It's worked...sort of... for my family for the last 19 years.  We have hosted family Thanksgivings, Easters, bridal teas and retirement luncheons,  We have celebrated birthdays, high school graduations, and welcome home parties from college.  (Christmas's have been left to other family members.)   We brought in the new millinium with a dinner from this kitchen.  I prepared my Mom's 70's birthday here for her friends and an 80'th birthday lunch for my grand mother.   We have partied here when we won elections.  A lot of life has been lived in this fourteen foot room.  And it is all about to be ripped out and a completely new one built!  So let the fun begin...and forgive me for looking back about my little galley kitchen as we go through this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment